LDC HULL - Airport taxi Hull - Blog - News
Taxi News - Taxi Info - Cars - Incidents
About Child car seats: When and how to use
Using a child car seat or booster seat ?
Children must normally use a child car seat until they're 12 years old or 135cm tall.
Which child car seat to use depends on the child’s weight.
Types of child car seat :
- Rear-facing baby seats - Babies up to 13kg
- Forward or rear-facing baby seats - Children from 9 to 18kg
- Forward-facing child car seats (booster seats) - Children from 15 to 25kg
- Booster cushions - Children over 22kg
Only EU-approved child car seats can be used in the UK. These have a label showing a capital ‘E’ in a circle.
Fitting a child car seat :
- only use a child car seat with a seat belt that has a diagonal strap - unless it’s specifically designed for use with a lap seat belt
- deactivate any front airbags before fitting a rear-facing baby seat in a front seat
- not fit a child car seat in side-facing seats
Children with disabilities :
The same rules apply for children with disabilities unless a doctor says they're exempt on medical grounds. They can also use a disabled person's seat belt or child restraint designed for their needs.
Children 3 and older must :
- use a child car seat if there’s one available in a minibus
- use an adult seat belt if child seats are not fitted or are unsuitable
!!! All children must travel in rear seats (ie any seats behind the driver) if a child car seat or an adult seat belt isn’t fitted !!!
We have the right seat for your baby - book now a taxi with us and be safety and comfy in our luxury cars !!! book now